In this week’s episode I speak to Nadya Powell, co-founder and partner of award-winning, culture change business Utopia.
Tune in now to hear us chat about equality and diversity in leadership and business, and what we can all do to create more equal, diverse and
Nadya shares her thoughts and experiences about why acknowledging your own biases should be about awareness and not shame, and is the
ultimate form of self leadership.
Key takeaways include:
● Why we need to rip up the leadership rule book and question everything you think you know
● Why leaders shouldn’t always have a vision further than 6 months ahead
● How to proactively address equality, diversity and inclusion in your leadership
● Practical ways to navigate leadership when expectations are at an all time high
● The four types of work we should all be doing, including one many of us won’t be prioritising
Nadya also co-founded Millennial Mentoring - an initiative to link leaders with aspirational talent so they could benefit from diversity’s wisdom - The Great British Diversity Experiment - a social experiment to prove once and for all the link between creativity and diversity - and The So White Project - an initiative to reverse the lack of diversity in commercial photography.
Nadya is a contributing author of Creative Superpowers and is also on the advisory board of the London Philharmonic Orchestra.
Follow Joanna Howes and The Change Creators: