In this week’s episode, I speak to Mel McVeigh, VP Product, Commerce & Consumer Brands at Conde Nast.
Tune in now to hear us chat about the importance of being resourceful, creating human connection,s and the problems with recruitment in the
Mel also shares her thoughts about how technology has changed the way we operate, but why it’s important not to put all decisions in the context of technology.
Key takeaways include:
● How to set new team members up for success
● How to help people experience change
● How to embrace imperfectionism
● Why you need to prioritise downtime
● Why a really good team is like a jazz band
● How to balance being there for your team and delivering results
● The difference between growth stress and burnout stress
Mel leads the digital portfolio of brands: Vogue, GQ, Conde Nast Traveller, Architectural Digest, Allure, Glamour. She is also responsible for the
global commerce product portfolio across affiliate and unified shopping experiences and native checkout.
Mel has worked in various publishers and commerce companies in her career including, Photobox, Telegraph, Mr&MrsSmith, Lonely Planet and
TimeOut. Senior executive with a creative director’s mindset, with a background and side career in art photography. A leader who transforms
businesses, team and cultures to drive commercial performance.
Follow Joanna Howes and The Change Creators: